Friday, July 20, 2012

Blunders to Wonders

John 21:15-19
.
.
.
James Hubbell, an artist, once stated, "Mistakes are gifts." When I first read that, I can honestly say I scoffed. I've made so many mistakes in the past, and I try to learn from them, but thinking them of gifts...? Erm, not really! Sometimes when we make mistakes, we feel ashamed, and try to hide them, apologize for them or correct them. We can't avoid making mistakes! 


Like sin, we can't avoid sin. But God doesn't throw us away when we sin, does he? Nope! He uses this opportunity to redeem us. For example, Peter denied Jesus three times after he was arrested, but when he was resurrected, Peter declared three times his love for the Lord. In the end, Jesus commanded him to, "Feed my sheep," and boy, did Peter did just that!


Just yesterday, I told my friend I didn't text them about my horrendous day because I knew sooner or later, they might tell me to shove off. It happened every single time with my past "friends" and I didn't want to repeat the same mistakes; have someone who I thought care about me, shove me away. But they reassured me they wouldn't and I felt at peace. God can use every situation to turn our blunders, into wonders. (:
.
.
.
God can change our blunders into wonders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment